I want to provide you with another update in this time of uncertainty. First and foremost, Legacy ER & Urgent Care is open and offering a clean, safe environment for you and your family for your continued healthcare needs. As the recommended social distancing and in-home isolation continue, accidents and sicknesses beyond COVID-19 will continue to occur.
The experienced Legacy ER & Urgent Care team is trained and well-equipped to provide safe and reliable care during the developing COVID-19 outbreak. Our dedicated team of healthcare professionals is taking all of the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of our patients and staff, including:
- We are following the most rigorous CDC/HD sanitation guidelines for cleaning times and types of cleaning materials used
- Continuous disinfection wipe downs of all high touch areas like the registration area, patient chairs, equipment, etc.
- Rapid identification of patients exhibiting any cold or flu symptoms and that requiring that they wear a protective mask
- Using drive-up capabilities and/or additional entrances and exits to avoid common areas for high risk patients
- All personnel with any cold or flu symptoms are required to stay home
Any patients with symptoms who think they may have been exposed to COVID-19 should contact the health department in the county that they live in rather than presenting to a healthcare facility.
This allows the healthcare community to be able to collaborate care for you in an efficient and safe manner.
Collin County (972) 548-5596 | Tarrant County (817) 321-4700 | Dallas County (214) 819-2000 | Denton County (940) 349-2900
Remember to wash your hands and practice proper social distancing and remain calm during this time of uncertainty; we’re here whenever you need us.
Jay Woody, MD
Founder and Chief Medical Officer Legacy ER & Urgent Care